Launched during NAFA’s Annuity Leadership Forum, the Society for Annuity Facts & Education (SAFE), Inc. officially embarked on its mission to raise awareness and provide the public with reliable information about annuities.
Organized as a 501(c)3 nonprofit, educational association, SAFE’s primary focus is to provide factual information about the benefits, features and uses of annuities to the general public. SAFE also:
- Provides consumers and the media with an accurate, comprehensive, and unbiased source of information, in order to help them make informed decisions;
- Limits the amount of misinformation the general public and media are exposed to;
- Communicates important facts about annuities;
- Provides a forum for the exchange of information;
- Provides opportunities for education through town hall meetings, website communications and content, social media, publications, as well as other programs and activities.
SAFE is guided by an esteemed Board of Directors comprised of representatives from all facets of the annuity industry and is currently seeking additional board members from the variable industry and consumer advocacy groups. View more information about SAFE and its board of directors here.
Learn more on how you can join your industry peers in supporting SAFE’s mission to raise awareness and provide the public with reliable information about annuities.